1. You were always the first person who had to leave when everyone was hanging out.
2. Asking permission for a sleepover at your friend’s house took 37 hours of mental preparation, a detailed powerpoint presentation of your friend’s family tree, and a signed contract in your blood saying you wouldn’t drink and would be in bed by 10pm.
3. Whenever your friends would make plans for later that night, you knew your parents would say no because it literally took them 2-3 business days to process whether they would allow you to go out.
4. You would practice asking your parents for permission to do something in the mirror and preemptively come up with answers to questions you knew they’d ask.
5. You also always had to wait until they were in…
View original post 574 more words